[vorbis] Vorbis and Joint Stereo.

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Thu Jun 14 15:09:13 PDT 2001

"Dan Hollis" <goemon at anime.net> wrote:

> > I've put that question in FAQ even though I know that currently Vorbis
> > doesn't use joint-stereo, because some people were saying stupid
> > things like "Ogg Vorbis can't or never will be able to use joint-stereo
> > because joint-stereo is patented".
>
> Who are the "some people"?

People on audio boards. Some are saying that because
they think it is the way things are, but some just don't like Vorbis
(because they are using some other format) and they use that
argument to spread FUD.

---
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3