[vorbis] Vorbis and Joint Stereo.

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Thu Jun 14 14:25:35 PDT 2001

"Jack Moffitt" <jack at icecast.org> wrote:

> > By reading that, readers can assume that Vorbis does use joint-stereo.
> > Does it?
>
> Vorbis does not currently use joint-stereo.

I've put that question in FAQ even though I know that currently Vorbis
doesn't use joint-stereo, because some people were saying stupid
things like "Ogg Vorbis can't or never will be able to use joint-stereo
because joint-stereo is patented".

---
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3