[vorbis] mp3PRO encoder/decoder demo available

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 10:57:27 PDT 2001

Aleksandar Dovnikovic schrieb:

> "Maik Merten" <maikmerten at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > But I am afraid even more people will be confused when they attempt
> > to play RC 1 files with Beta3 oder Beta4 decoders - what output will
> > be produced by e.g Sonique?
>
> Non necessarily because most people that know/use Vorbis are
> the one who are usually interested in audio compression and
> are well informed so they will download the latest plug-in.
> Also, this should be the last time that this kind of thing is
> happening since RC1 will be able to decode final 1.0 version
> files...

Yes, thats a point.

> >   MetalUnleashed: http://www.metalunleashed.de
>
> Yeah, yeah, metal rulez... :-))

Priest, Priest, Priest!

Oh, by the way - I tried a metal track (Judas Priest - Bullet Train)
with MP3pro at 64 KBit/s. Better than "traditional" MP3 but
SBR seems to intruduce additional artifacts - guitars are
heavily distorted ("crackling" sound, very rough).

MP3pro at 64 KBit/s sounds equal to a (good) 96 KBit/s MP3 coding.
MP3pro at 96 KBit/s could be equal to 128 KBit/s MP3 - Vorbis
does so, too. So I am not afraid that MP3pro could be something
like a "Vorbis-Killer". :-)

bye,

Maik Merten

--