[vorbis] Vorbis lib can't find ogg on RH6.2

Simon Blandford home at simonb.org.uk
Sun Jun 10 09:08:14 PDT 2001

Hi,

I installed libogg-1.0beta4.tar.gz on a Cobalt server (Red Hat 6.2) and
also installed libao-0.6.0.tar.gz for good measure. I just did a plain
./configure
make
make install

When I come to install libvorbis-1.0beta4 I get
*** Could not run Ogg test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding Ogg or finding the wrong
*** version of Ogg. If it is not finding Ogg, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH

My ld.so.conf file looks like this...
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/local/lib