[vorbis] Windows streaming solutions

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 7 21:27:15 PDT 2001

Hi:

I'm exploring solutions for streaming vorbis to an icecast2 server.  I've
somehow acquired a version of ostreamogg which I think I must have read
about here.  The file is date stamped March 11.  However, I can't seem to
figure out how to use it.  As far as I can tell, it comes with a TCL
interpreter and the win32 oggenc.  But as far as I can see, the only
included TCL script is an ini parser.  I've not actually figured out how to
connect to a server and start streaming.  do I need some other script or is
there something I have to click on to make it work?

I'd like to know what else is out there.  The oddcast winamp plugin
promises a lot, though it doesn't seem to connect at present.  Is there
anything else doing the rounds?

Geoff.