[vorbis] Ogg Windows ACM

Ingo Ralf Blum blumi at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 7 01:07:41 PDT 2001

> Has anyone written a Windows audio compression codec (ACM) driver for OGG?  It
> would mean I could use OGG instead of MP3 in DivX video encoding, among many
> other uses.

There is a Vorbis ACM project on SourceForge

http://sf.net/projects/vorbisacm

which contains an ACM driver in the state of Vorbis Beta 2 (correct me if I'm
wrong), and there are several Direct Show filters for Ogg/Vorbis in the Codecs
package of the ZoranNT project

http://sf.net/projects/zorannt

Neither of the projects has released a binary version yet. The first object
gives me compilation errors, which I haven't tracked down furhter. The latter
compiles, but requires the the latest DDK and Platform SDK include files and
libraries, as well as some other dependend libs. If you have any questions
regarding the latter, just ask.

Regards Ingo