[vorbis] Encoding speed reports (was: Choosing a processor)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Jun 5 03:41:18 PDT 2001

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> What's the bitrate?  What's the intellectual property landscape of
> LPC-10?

FWIW, LPC10 is implemented in speak freely
(http://www.fourmilab.ch/speakfree/unix/).  Speak freely itself is in the
public domain.  I can't find any licensing details at all in the lpc10
source tree.  I think this implementation is pretty processor intensive (my
P120 doesn't seem to be able to cope too well in realtime).  but hey, it's
old code (by the looks).

Geoff.