[vorbis] gmerlin-0.1.3pre2 with r/w support for Ogg Vorbis files

Burkhard Plaum plaum at IPF.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Fri Jul 27 08:35:33 PDT 2001

Hello Vorbis People,

I just want to announce, that my opensource mediaplayer for Linux
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmerlin) has now full read/write
support for Ogg Vorbis files. The necessary Vorbis libraries (Version
RC1)
are included in my tarball.

Possible are the following things:

- Playback and seeking in all Ogg Vorbis files I've tested so far
- Conversion of any supported audio format to Ogg Vorbis files
- Conversion of Ogg Vorbis files to any other supported audio format
- Ripping of audio CDs directly into Ogg Vorbis files using the included

  cdparanoia. CDDB data are converted into Ogg Vorbis comments.

Supported audio formats are (among others): wav, mp2 (read only), mp3,
snd, au....

mp3 <-> Ogg Vorbis conversion also does ID3 <-> Vorbis Comment
conversion.

The vorbis stuff was very easy to integrate, thanks to your nice and
well
documented API :-), but I'm not completely sure that everything is
perfect.

Maybe some of you want to download gmerlin-0.1.3pre2 and test this.

Note that this is a prerelease, please read the release notes on the
sourceforge download page.

The todo list and news page on the homepage are not in sync with
gmerlin-0.1.3pre2. Check the html directory inside the sourcetree of
gmerlin-0.1.3pre2 for the updated files (they will appear on the
homepage
when 0.1.3 is ready)

Have Fun!

Burkhard Plaum