[vorbis] Here we go again...

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Tue Jul 24 02:40:12 PDT 2001

Uh , let me inject some facts into this thread. There are many,
many , many levels or error correction on an audio CD ( and even
more on data CD ). The Red Book should describe it pretty well,
but it is not available on-line for free. But there is ECMA 130,
which is supposedly the same as Yellow Book and should contain enough
information :

  Standard ECMA-130
  Data Interchange on Read-only 120 mm Optical Data Disks (CD-ROM)

  2nd edition (June 1996)

  available as PDF an PS at http://www.ecma.ch/ecma1/STAND/ECMA-130.HTM

I think it lacks info about the structure of the (sub)frames ( about the P,Q,R,
S,T,U,V,W channels , sync , parity info ). You can find that info on the web
though ( an exercise for the reader :-)

More links :
- Chip's CD Media Resource Center , http://www.chipchapin.com/CDMedia/index.php3
- just use google for Pete's sake !