[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Jul 13 12:56:30 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 04:13:13PM -0300, Andre Kajita - Administrador da Rede wrote:
> Greets,
>
> > > i'm sure most of us are avid slashdot readers, but...
> > > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/07/13/1558239&mode=nested
>
> > Aw fuck, they *would* slashdot *that* one.
>
> Monty, are there any real (or closer to real) tests done out there
> comparing MP3, WMA and OGG that you know of?  I've been lurking on
> this list for a few weeks waiting for something to come up - maybe
> I've missed it...

There are controlled but informal tests out there.  R3mix really likes
to rake us over the coals, and we tend to stand up relatively well (I
consider them very harsh, but also fair.  They're a great source of
constructive criticism).

If you mean 'independant testing labs', somethign that a newspaper
like the Post *should* have used, no, I'm not aware of any.

Monty