[vorbis] lawyers and patents

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Mon Jul 2 12:05:43 PDT 2001

> I can't get that specific. We're above my code-level understanding of video
> compression. I'll back slowly away from the keyboard now.
> Heh.

This is exactly why I asked for specifics.  It separates the idle
curiousity from the actual _real_ concerns :)

By all means, anyone who is interested, feel free to bring up specific
patent claims from specific patents.  We will address them.

Please don't post that you read the abstract of patent #xzy which says
the name Monty is a patented combination of letters in every language.

jack.