[vorbis] Here we go again...

Larry Fenske larry at towanda.com
Sat Jul 21 12:35:57 PDT 2001

I believe that usually when a PC CD-ROM drive plays an audio CD,
the CD-ROM drive outputs an analog signal directly to the soundcard.
Therefore, one cannot losslessly "capture the output stream of, say a
CDPlayer app and redirect it to a .wav file".  One could re-digitize
the audio, but that's not what I want.  I would accept it if I had to,
but it's not ideal.

Larry Fenske