[vorbis] Here we go again...

Chris Keelan rufmetal at home.com
Fri Jul 20 21:24:44 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Geoff Shang wrote:

>The technology distorts CD recordings with a series of audible pops and
>clicks when the music is copied onto a PC.

There's no way it's platform independent, right? Besides, couldn't we just
hack something that captured the output stream of, say a CDPlayer app and
redirect it to a .wav file? Or are they saying from now on that we can't play
legitimately purchased CDs on our PCs?

Betcha this goes the way of DivX (the DVD scheme, not the OS video
compression scheme).

- Chris