[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jul 17 17:06:24 PDT 2001

in case anyone is interested, I have built a win32 program which will
perform a double blind listening tests..It will allow you to play each
sample and allow you to rank them in order of quality.  The program will
then send the results to a centralized server which saves it off to a DB
and gives immediate feedback to the user the outcome of the test.

A few things though :

- I'd like to make it self contained (i.e. with an installer) which means
including the wav samples with the listening test. With 3 1 minute WAV
samples, that's 30MB..
- I don't have good samples..I'd like to use samples that show obvious
differences b/w each of the codecs...
- I would like to do a 64kbps face-off with a 64kbps WMA8, MP3Pro, and
Vorbis sample.  I can do the WMA8, and MP3Pro, but I need to wait for Monty
to finish the RC1 encoder to provide a comparable OGG sample.

if there is anyone wanting to help, just let me know...

oddsock
oddsock at oddsock.org