[vorbis] Icecast2 server temporarily down, now back

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Jul 16 19:11:40 PDT 2001

Hi all:

I've been away for the past week and moved house before that.  Quite
impressively, the icecast2 server I'm running stayed up all that time.  It
went down at 8 minutes past midnight EDT (04:08 GMT) on Monday 16/07.  It
looks like someone did the same thing as before - kicked it over by
attempting to connect a source to an already existing mountpoint.  by all
means use the server to broadcast, that's what it's there for, but please
be careful about avoiding existing mounts until this problem is fixed.
Consult http://bumpy.braille.uwo.ca:9000/stats.xml to see what's active as
far as mounts are concerned.  If this problem has now been fixed in
icecast2, please let me know so as I can upgrade (I'm not up to date on
these lists yet).

Oh and my test stream is back up again too.

Geoff.