[vorbis] Re: [advocacy] current tshirt/slogan submissions

Reuben Martin rmartin at BRRARCH.COM
Mon Jul 16 07:48:09 PDT 2001

Two notes on my T-shirt design...

  Had I known there was an official logo/font for the Ogg Vorbis and Xiph I
would have used it. Sorry if this causes any problems. :o)

#ifdef Stand_on_SoapBox

  As for the phenomenon vs. standard I think I may want to explain. It seems
that whenever the media reports on Ogg (or ANY open source project for that
matter) they often use the word phenomenon to describe it. Phenomenon in the
sense that a successful open source project is a bizarre, random and obscure
event. As if to say "Take a good look while you can, because you'll never
see this again." I don't know about you, but I find this rather irritating.
I wanted to stress that open source is not something that is just out there
for college students to experiment with, but rather a tool that it being
used to set *standards* and raise the bar of quality in the software
development community. I imagine that I'm preaching to the choir though...

#end if