[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Hongli Lai hongli at telekabel.nl
Sat Jul 14 01:19:58 PDT 2001

On Saturday 14 July 2001 01:24, you wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> I don't think that OS comparison is similar to format comparison
> because these things are quite different - OS comparison is much more
> complex and has different aspects.

He was trying to make a point.
People's prejudgements affects their judgements.

> WMA is marketed very aggressively, but I don't see people switching to
> it. I think people will use formats that are integrated into many
> software/hardware products, are good quality and easy to use. That's
> the best marketing.

But I do. WMA is being used more and more in DivX video.
At least 30% of all the anime fansubs I download from the net use WMA for
sound encoding.

Ogg Vorbis support is being worked on (in Nandub), but nowhere near perfect
or even useable (no sound after rewinding, or sound falls behind).