[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Fri Jul 13 16:24:31 PDT 2001

Hello Greg,

Saturday, 14 July, 2001, 00:53:53, you wrote:

GW> Aleksandar Dovnikovic (aldov at EUnet.yu) wrote:
>> It's not that bad... I mean, after all, most people will do their own
>> testing if they are not sure which format to use.
GW> What?  You're joking, right?  How many people do you know who tried Linux,
GW> BSD, BeOS and Windows before deciding which operating system they wanted
GW> to run on their PC?  And how many do you know who run Windows without
GW> ever having tried any of the others?

I don't think that OS comparison is similar to format comparison
because these things are quite different - OS comparison is much more
complex and has different aspects.

GW> *Most* people are going to use whatever they see first, or whatever is
GW> marketed the most aggressively.

WMA is marketed very aggressively, but I don't see people switching to
it. I think people will use formats that are integrated into many
software/hardware products, are good quality and easy to use. That's
the best marketing.

--
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3