[vorbis] as if you haven't seen this yet

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at EUnet.yu
Fri Jul 13 12:26:26 PDT 2001

Hello Monty,

Friday, 13 July, 2001, 21:06:08, you wrote:

M> In other words, not a great authority on the subject.  It's going to
M> take months to undo that damned article.

It's not that bad... I mean, after all, most people will do their own
testing if they are not sure which format to use. Since most of them
are using MP3 (how many people really use WMA?), when they found about
Vorbis, they won't switch automatically or after reading an
article like this - they will do at least some testing to check things
out.

The good side of the article is that Vorbis is mentioned - OK mostly
in negative light, but still negative publicity is better then no
publicity at all. :-)

And there's one sentence where Monty says that the coming v1.0 will be
better... so keep up the spirit and don't let silly articles like this
get to you.

Open standard always win, it's only a matter of time. :-)

--
Aleksandar @ Vorbis Xtreme | http://solair.eunet.yu/~aldov
Ogg Vorbis is the free, open source alternative to MP3