[vorbis] Got a problem (BUG?)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Jul 13 10:01:51 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 04:04:56PM +0100, Jon Brightwell wrote:
> Hi
>
> we run a util at work called 'bounds checker' and it came up with this
> little beauty:
>

> void oggpack_readinit(oggpack_buffer *b,unsigned char *buf,int bytes){
>   memset(b,0,sizeof(oggpack_buffer));
>   b->buffer=b->ptr=buf;
>   b->storage=bytes;
> }
>
> Stack memory overrun: Copying 20 bytes to opb; Starting offset 0,
> destination size 4 bytes.

I'll need more than that, especially considering that the error you
report is for a variable that does not exist in the given function ;-)

I think I know what it really meant, but in that case it's a bit
confused.  There are two invocatons of oggpack_readinit and both are
being passed the correct type (pointer to an oggpack struct).

> I'll try and get more info on it.

Please do.

Monty