[vorbis] Hardware Vorbis

McMeikan, Andrew andrew.mcmeikan at mitswa.com.au
Wed Jul 11 18:19:51 PDT 2001

There is a 'feeling' on the opencores list that an audio decoder is desired.
(MP3 gets mentioned occasionally, but has its patent problems etc...)

http://www.opencores.org/  no audio projects are underway yet and I think a
vorbis decoder will take a while but even if only a start is made then
others may add to it.

For their one year anniversary they will actually be doing a chip run and
setting some of their cores into silicon.  Perhaps in 2005 vorbis chips will
exist (I want one!).

        cya,	Andrew...