[vorbis] Jerkiness in player on some songs

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Jul 7 10:57:36 PDT 2001

> LANCE:
> I don't double buffer, I find out how much is left in the directx buffer,
> and fill that, calling ov_read multiple times if necessary.

That sounds like a sensible way to do it; the directx buffer is
providing the second ['double'] buffer.

However, it seems that if the directx buffer is totally empty, the
wrong thing to do is to fill it completely (you end up starving the
audio harware while you're busy trying to top off a large buffer).
Filling more than half of the total buffer at a time is probably a
mistake.

Monty