[vorbis] Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v.1.11a Bug Report

Bacchus 13 bacchus13 at zdnetonebox.com
Mon Jul 2 23:38:47 PDT 2001

Hi, there.

While waiting for the encoder RC1, I will report some minor problems
I experienced with Peter's Winamp decoder.

First, I am using Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v.1.11a with Winamp v.2.76
on Windows 98 SE.

1. When the buttons of Playlist Editor are extended, the part extended
in playlist screen seems to be flickering when an Ogg file is being played.

2. I check the option of 'Scroll song title in the Windows taskbar' in
Winamp, but it does not seem to work well with the Vorbis plug-in.  It
always fails to scroll whole the title.

3. This one is not a bug but a wish.  Could you put file size info in
the comment information window?  This is only one thing I miss from Winamp
ID3 tag editor.

4. If you are too busy (or 'lazy'?) to do listing, please use this:

A Cappella
Acid
Acid Jazz
Acid Punk
Acoustic
Alt. Rock
Alternative
Ambient
Anime
Avantgarde
Ballad
Bass
Beat
Bebob
Big Band
Black Metal
Bluegrass
Blues
Booty Bass
BritPop
Cabaret
Celtic
Chamber Music
Chanson
Chorus
Christian Gangsta Rap
Christian Rap
Christian Rock
Classic Rock
Classical
Club
Club-House
Comedy
Contemporary Christian
Country
Crossover
Cult
Dance
Dance Hall
Darkwave
Death Metal
Disco
Dream
Drum & Bass
Drum Solo
Duet
Easy Listening
Electronic
Ethnic
Eurodance
Euro-House
Euro-Techno
Fast-Fusion
Folk
Folk/Rock
Folklore
Freestyle
Funk
Fusion
Game
Gangsta Rap
Goa
Gospel
Gothic
Gothic Rock
Grunge
Hard Rock
Hardcore
Heavy Metal
Hip-Hop
House
Humour
Indie
Industrial
Instrumental
Instrumental Rock
Instrumental Pop
Jazz
Jazz+Funk
JPop
Jungle
Latin
Lo-Fi
Meditative
Merengue
Metal
Musical
National Folk
Native American
Negerpunk
New Age
New Wave
Noise
Oldies
Opera
Other
Polka
Polsk Punk
Pop
Pop/Funk
Pop-Folk
Porn Groove
Power Ballad
Pranks
Primus
Progressive Rock
Psychedelic
Psychedelic Rock
Punk
Punk Rock
R&B
Rap
Rave
Reggae
Retro
Revival
Rhythmic Soul
Rock
Rock & Roll
Salsa
Samba
Satire
Showtunes
Ska
Slow Jam
Slow Rock
Sonata
Soul
Sound Clip
Soundtrack
Southern Rock
Space
Speech
Swing
Symphonic Rock
Symphony
Synthpop
Tango
Techno
Techno-Industrial
Terror
Trash Metal
Top 40
Trailer
Trance
Tribal
Trip-Hop
Vocal

The list above is the same as in Winamp's mp3 tag editor.  Personally,
I'd rather build my own listing than using this flood of information,
though.  I like the simplicity of this program that allows users to edit
the 'genre database' by using ordinary Notepad.

Except these rather minor flaws, I can listen to Ogg files without feeling
any inconvenience compared with MP3 files on Winamp.  Thank you, Peter.