[vorbis] OT: PNG PNG go away...

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 10:26:06 PDT 2001

> Can someone PLEASE do something about this anoying
> thread! JPEG and PNG has
> no place here what so ever!!
> Please move this thread to another place!

Sorry Richard, this was probably my fault, I was
talking about vorbis and I mentioned PNG to say how
great it was that there were all these open source
projects (I think the two are comparable, in the sense
that they are both formats developed to replace a
patent tainted format) but then someone made a comment
and it sort of drifted off and it took on a life all
of it's own and now it seems to have exploded all over
the place!

I feek bad. :(

It was all because I started to say about people who
send Jpegs of text and...

Well to try and make things better I went other to
egroups and started a new group.

If anyone wants to continue this PNG/JPEG thread then
please go to:

where you can chat about whatever patentless formats
to your hearts content! :) Please don't continue the
thread here.

The address for the group is:

patentless at yahoogroups.com

Also I'd still really like to hear from anyone who can
definitely confirm or deny the patent status of the
JPEG format (in JFIF file format) we commonly use?

love

freya