[vorbis] Vorbis decoding in hardware

Dan Barlow danbarlow at radix.net
Thu Feb 22 23:16:13 PST 2001

At 02:17 PM 2/23/01 +1300, you wrote:
>On 22 Feb 2001, at 17:10, Marco Al wrote:
>
>> From: "Segher Boessenkool" <segher at chello.nl>
>>
>> > For pci, only one very cheap chip is needed.
>>
>> What part#?
>
>It would be worth looking at motorola DSP56301:
>100MHz, 24 bit DSP with glueless interface to PCI, DRAM, DAC, ADC

$1500 for the dev board, according to ChipCenter.  This is
cheap?

I found a $50 PCI video capture board that happens to have
a programmable 24 bit port free, and BSD drivers available.
I will let the original poster know by Email if I can get it
working as a general purpose interface.  Sounds reasonable,
and would let you capture Vorbized audio with your video.
-Dan