[vorbis] reencoding OGG Vorbis

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Thu Feb 22 08:11:38 PST 2001

Greetings,

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Monty wrote:
> > Take a look at http://flac.sourceforge.net for lossless audio encoding.
> > It's early days, but looks promising.
> Yes, Vorbis is not a codec intended to be used in production (it's for
> distribution).  Ogg will include a lossless codec, probably an updated
> Squish from the old days, although I have several new ideas to put in
> Squish and I also want to get together with the flac and Monkey's
> audio folks to see what they've learned recently before doing anything
> concrete.
I understand, but IMHO mixing two ogg streams (or a ogg-stream with a
native PCM-stream) would make sence for a internet radio-station streaming
in ogg.
(There are a number of radio-stations already streaming in mp3, so a
simular service should be possible in ogg).

Mixing two ogg-files (the end of one song with the beginning of a second
one), or one ogg-file with the PCM audio of a microphone DOES make sence!

(I do not talk about being able to mix 50 streams and replace a digital
mixing-device).

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN