[vorbis] plugin cause winamp and sonique to crash when using playlist or skin ahead

Michael Smith msmith at xn.com.au
Tue Feb 20 21:29:00 PST 2001

William Jacoby wrote:

> Winamp Version: Winamp v2.72
> Processor Type: PII 300mmx
> RAM: 64mb RAM
>
> FILES IN PLAYLIST: 99
> Number of OGG Files in Playlist: 90
> Number of MP3 Files in Playlist:  9
>
> scenario:
> I have several OGG files along with MP3s in a PLS playlist and evertime I skip ahead in the list about 12 or so songs the program crashes (I've also tried this with a M3U playlist, using the same files).  It happens whether I have MP3s in the playlist or not. It happens everytime.  It never happens when I'm just playing MP3. But it does happen when I'm just playing OGG. This is the error I get:

This is most likely due to minor bugs in older plugins - if you update
to current cvs (or beta4, once released (soon)), it'll probably be
fixed. If not, please let us know (including full details of which
version of the plugin you're using - that's far more useful than the
winamp version number).

For sonique, I'm not sure if an updated plugin is available seperately
or not. If not, then you're out of luck until the next release of
sonique. The current sonique release uses a fairly old (beta1) version
of vorbis.

Michael