[vorbis] Winamp plugin.

Matthew James Brown mbrown at hotteam.org
Mon Feb 26 15:40:31 PST 2001

Hello again,

Not sure if the following is a bug or just something on my computer.  Ok,
here's the problem.  Today I downloaded the new pre-built beta4 winamp
plugin.  I've had earlier versions of the winamp plugin for vorbis
installed, and every previous one has worked fine.  What seems to be
happening is that on exit vorbis is causing an error.  I'm using the latest
version of winamp 2.72.  The earlier plugins don't cause this problem so
what I decided to do was to go back and edit the code a little.  It would
seem that the latest major change to the plugin would be the streaming code.
(Sorry if I'm incorrect).  In any case what I did was to go back and take
out any http related code.  I built the plugin after that and it worked
correctly.  Minus the http stuff I assume and with no crashing.  I also
built the code from the latest CVS (unedited) and I had the aforementioned
problem.  What my question is that I was wondering if anyone else was having
similar problems or maybe I can isolate it to my system.  Until I hear from
anyone I'm going to check out the streaming code and see if I can figure out
what the offending code would be.  If anyone has any ideas they would be
greatly appreciated.

I'm running winamp using windows 98 on a pentium 2 with 198 megs of ram and
fairly recent drivers for almost anything.

Thanks again,

Matt Brown