[vorbis] reencoding OGG Vorbis

Moritz Grimm maxx at kolabore.de
Tue Feb 20 23:15:01 PST 2001

Hi!

Inspired by the discussion about mixing Vorbis streams and so on I came
to the question whether Vorbisstreams can be, just like MP3, reencoded
without further loss.

As I heard, and I am pretty sure that it's true, MP3 files can be
decoded and reencoded unlimited times without further quality loss (of
course the same encoder with the same preferences has to be used all the
time). Is this also possible with .OGG?

Thanks,

Moritz