[vorbis] vorbis.com Server down

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Feb 16 17:01:43 PST 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 05:21:13PM +0900, Kazuaki Shioda wrote:
> Me, too.
>
> http://www.icast.com/
>
> I expect iCast was belly-up, so vorbis.com server is down.

Argh, this has been on the list every day!

vorbis.com is down because of a dispute between Covad and DSLnetworks
that managed to cut off all of DSLnetworks coustomers' access.  If has
nothing to do with iCast.  iCast has been dead for four months now.

Don't start rumors!  The next thing that will happen is it will be on
Slashdot, along with us getting sued by Fraunhofer (something *else*
that hasn't happened, but I still get mail about.  One person
contacted me to say, "what are you going to do now that you lost the
lawsuit?")

Jesus!

Monty