[vorbis] Announce: VCE v0.1.2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Feb 17 00:56:03 PST 2001

>> If anyone who knows how to do charset conversion stuff in win32 wants to
>> step forward and fix this in the winamp plugin (it should be relatively
>> easy), that'd be greatly appreciated.
>>

>It would be easy. The winamp plugin should convert the UTF-8 comment to a
>WCHAR string. Then use WideCharToMultiByte(CP_ACP, ...) to convert it to the
>default charset.

I assume you mean MultiByteToWideChar(), since the converse would make precisely zero sense (UTF8 is a multibyte encoding). It's also documented as being NT-only (for UTF8 support). Not terribly useful, as a result.

I'm happy to accept a patch, but I don't intend to do any work myself on the winamp plugin in the next few weeks, since I have far too many more interesting things I want to get done.

Michael