[vorbis] International Standard Recording Code

rik at kde.org rik at kde.org
Wed Feb 7 10:16:51 PST 2001

#if Moritz Grimm
> I really hope that this could be achieved without changing the format
> and/or making current decoders useless. I doubt that the ISRC is worth
> that effort, but if not, implementing it would be great.

Applications can hide the tag. Applications can also forbid changing the
tag. Support in end-user applications is the way to go. I expect it's
too late to change the ogg format now, but you may be able to persuade
the developers to name ISRC as a 'standard' tag and give some
information about it, e.g. 'You might want to disallow editing of this
tag' and 'The format of the data is this...'

Rik