[vorbis] What systems are you using to listen to Oggs?

Eric Lammerts eric at lammerts.org
Fri Dec 28 06:33:36 PST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, evert A Claesson wrote:
> So what do you use to Listen to your Oggs and would you have any
> recommendations on sound cards, amplifiers and speakers if I wanted to
> upgrade my system.

Go for an external DAC. A while ago I bought a second-hand Musical
Fidelity X-ACT for about $100, and it's much, much better than a
soundcard.

Maybe there are soundcards which sound just as good but they will
probably cost the same (if not more).

My soundcard is a cheap ($16) Cmedia 8738 with S/PDIF output.

Eric