[vorbis] Different average bitrates on different machines

Patrick Masters masterspatrick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:36:28 PST 2001

One thing I have noticed between two different programs is the file sizes. I
used DBpoweramp for encoding some of ogg files with RC2. Excellent quality
and perfect file sizes for most songs. Then I tried the Audio Conversion
Wizard program. I liked the sound and the GUI a little better than
DBpoweramp. But I noticed on all of the tracks I encoded that the file sizes
were justa  little bigger. DBpoweramp file was 2.0MB exactly and ACW was
2.09. Its not all that big of a deal but it definitley could be the
difference in fitting another 20-30 songs on cd or dvd-r. Any idea why this
may be different between the two programs?

Patrick Masters