[vorbis] album portion of the tags request

Andreas Fuchs asf at void.at
Fri Dec 7 11:08:51 PST 2001

(argh, there will be another, less edited version of this mail floating
into your mailbox. I messed my keyboard shortcuts up again, sorry)

Today, Robert Woodcock <rcw at debian.org> wrote:
[MCDI Tag]
> It's binary data, which makes things fun. Is there a standard for
> escaping linefeeds and such in vorbis comments?

Quoting the vorbis comment spec:

Content vector format
---------------------
    * A case-insensitive field name that may consist of ASCII 0x20
      through 0x7D, 0x3D ('=') excluded. ASCII 0x41 through 0x5A
      inclusive (A-Z) is to be considered equivalent to ASCII 0x61
      through 0x7A inclusive (a-z).
    * The field name is immediately followed by ASCII 0x3D ('='); this
      equals sign is used to terminate the field name.
    * 0x3D is followed by 8 bit clean UTF-8 field contents to the end of
      the field.

it's binary data, a console player should better not display it (or
display it as an od dump or similar), and all is well (-:

--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf at acm.org>, asf at jabber.at, antifuchs