[vorbis] Win32 multiple file tag editor?

Gregg Mattingly greggm3 at mattingly.2y.net
Thu Dec 27 19:37:54 PST 2001

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 05:37:34PM -0600, Gregg Mattingly wrote:
>> I've been looking for multiple ogg tag editor too. I haven't found one
>>  either. I would like to make one in vb. Right now I'm experimenting
>> with
>
> Don't.
>
> VB is a Bad Language.  Its error handling is arcane; it has OO forced
> in; etc.  (Of course, the common alternatives for MS GUIs are all poor;
> raw win32 API is a massive pain to deal with; so is MFC, but VB is
> killing the project before it starts.)
>
>> the SDK in an attempt to create an Active X control in VC++. Then I
>> can  just plug it in to VB and code away. I recently created a program
>> that  reads IDv2/3 tag's on my ogg's( I attach the tags to my wave
>> file's when I
>
> Err.  ID3v2 on Ogg?  Guess you can do it, but ...
  I discovered that ogginfo and vorbiscomment do not recognize an ogg file
  with an id3v1 or id3v2 tag( I was mistaken about the id3v3 tag. It was
  only appended to the .wav on extraction. Oggdrop strips the info and then
  I would use a tag editor to add the tags myself)

  I've also decided to move my encoding/tagging to Linux. It's easier to
  create utilities on that platform for now. No MS BS to deal with ;P. I
  was thinking that I would be good for vorbis to have some utilites on
  Windows; Since Joe User probably has windows.