[vorbis] The BBC tests Ogg Vorbis on the net!

Ciaran Anscomb ciarana at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 09:23:23 PST 2001

Sgrifennodd "Jonathan Gramain":
> An article I saw on the french news site http://www.linuxfr.org says that
> the BBC is testing streaming with Vorbis on his web servers. Apparently, it
> works very well with XMMS. Vorbis is growing in popularity and it's a good
> thing!

This was announced on this list a fair while back.  It was nice to
get some proper load testing after /. got hold of it tho.

icecast2 is demonstrating some interesting foibles tho - like now
taking an age to field connection attempts despite not that many
users.

..ciaran

--
Ciaran Anscomb, BBC Internet Services
"You don't really love me, and I don't really mind"