[vorbis] New Winamp release

Bacchus Thirteen bacchus_t at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 12:10:49 PST 2001

At 13:58:03 PST, Wed 19 Dec 2001, Jack Moffitt
(jack at xiph.org) wrote:

>It's been a long battle.

...about this topic, I had refrained myself from
mentioning till someone else mentioned it in case that
I might have been subjective...

Yes, Nullsoft was bought by AOL Time Warner.  So, I
was very careless when encouraging Peter.  I should
have known better.  I feel really sorry for Peter
since his plug-in is, without doubt, a gem.  This is
really a shame.

>I think I'll start looking for a new win32 player.

This situation is really a shame.  However, the bitter
lesson is that we should be always careful of what the
third companies thinking.

Anyway, even if the plug-in is not packed in the
Winamp starting package, still the plug-in itself is
highly recommendable.  Jack will have to find really a
good alternative by an understanding company to match it.