[vorbis] 24/96 ?

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 18:15:17 PST 2001

fungus wrote:
> I once argued this with somebody who ought to know the answer
> and his claim was that "Thanks to the more stable transport
> mechanism, it gets a lot more information off the disc".
[...]

Aeh ... well, there are many urban legends that try to explain hi-fi
voodoo. It's definitely not about "more information". A stable transport
system prevents jitter.

Far more important is having a clean and stable power supply and high
quality components that do not interfere with each other. Proper
shielding etc is more important that yet another microchip that adds
noise to the signal.

This is why companies, who take themselves half serious, use nothing
more than "listen yourself" as a slogan.