[vorbis] 24/96 ?

MARK JAMES HETHERINGTON mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Wed Dec 19 14:32:14 PST 2001

This sampling issue mentioned below is the only reason I can see 96Khz
sampling being useful. But keep in mind that this only occurs when the
waveform is very close to a multiple of 44.1Khz, so really only above
20Khz are affected greatly. Most people can't hear above 16Khz anyway,
and I think you only really need to allow up to 20Khz. 22Khz is a
stretch for most peoples ears. 96Khz takes us into the realm of
overkill, but it would garauntee you can't hear "better than" the
recording. Does vorbis do 96Khz?