[vorbis] Re: about the icecast mailing list

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Dec 18 00:23:52 PST 2001

> > This is why the Reply-To: field in a mailing list shoud *ALWAYS* point
> > back to the author and *NEVER* the list.  Don't blame that user - blame
> > the list maintainer for keeping it broken, and encourage them to change
> > it ASAP!
>
> Wrong. If that would be true, answering to mailing lists would never
> work (unless you would care to enter the address manually).

If you're too lazy to use the 'Reply-to all' button in your mailer.

I'm content to simply dissent here, (since ultimately it's a matter of
opinion) but you really should read the above link to see why it is an
issue.  Not to say Monty's point of clueless users isn't a big deal
either.

Having said this, I'm not rehashing this old flame war on list.

Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com