[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Jon Shiring slothy at slothy.com
Thu Dec 13 11:14:20 PST 2001

So you're saying, "Because most people get tags wrong, let's force them to
only list one album, even if the song appears on more than one"?  Not only
does it remove a feature that MIGHT be useful, it seems contradictory to
say, "We need to be able to list what ensemble as opposed to performer
performed this song, but we should prevent people from listing all of the
albums a song is on.  They are too dumb to do it right."

Obviously I'm being a bit inflammatory and I'm putting words in your mouth
unfairly, but it's to make a point :)  Again, not only is it possible for
some people to use it correctly, but only limiting it to one album doesn't
fix the problem -- the dumb people will still put the wrong album in.

Jon