[vorbis] Re: PROPOSAL: Sub-Tagging

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Fri Dec 7 22:29:38 PST 2001

Why you are trying to create a hierarchy from non-hierarchical
data is beyond me.  You holler "keep it simple!"  then shove all
the complexity into the parsing code and make it nonsensical for
the eye to read in plain text.  There comes a time when you can't factor
something out any more.  Just deal with it, instead of trying to hide
the complexity in bloaty spots where it will come back and bite you
later.

I think you better explain why you think your method is "simpler" than
the one currently in the proposal.  From a coders point of view, yours
is hella more complex.

Jonathan