[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Thu Dec 6 15:53:32 PST 2001

Wilson (defiler at null.net) wrote:

> I'm never going to use anything other than Artist, Title, Album, Genre,
> Track#, Year, and Comments.

But other people *will* use other tags.  I'm using other tags right now,
but they're not sane or standardized, and they don't match what anyone
else is using.  We *NEED* this.

If you don't want to use the new tags, that's fine.  That's why they're
optional!

The word (Classical) in the Subject line is a bit misleading, though.
If anything, tagging popular music is *harder* than tagging most classical
music, because there's less formal structure to the metadata.  I want
these new tags for my *popular* music, not for classical!

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |