[vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded TAGS

Wilson defiler at null.net
Thu Dec 6 15:49:56 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Walther" <krooger at debian.org>
To: <vorbis at xiph.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [vorbis] (Classical) Request for Standardization of expanded
TAGS

>I imagine you think that classical music listeners should just go off in
>a corner and play by themselves?  Maybe they should use their own
>"special" ghettoized version of ogg123 and the other ogg tools?  Maybe
>use their own "special" encoders too?  All hail King Pop!  I guess if
>people want to know what that mystery file they are listening to is,
>they'll jolly well have to guess!

I think that classical music fans (myself included) would be better served
by putting all the extra information (conductor, etc, etc) into the
"Comments" field. Remember, it can be as long as you like, more or less.

Do you really need the name of the conductor to show up in the Winamp
playlist? I don't.