[vorbis] Testing Ogg Vorbis with modules.

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Thu Aug 16 07:58:49 PDT 2001

Daniel Richards wrote:
> To anyone who wants to compare Ogg Vorbis to various other
> codecs, or at all, try converting modules (.mod/.xm/.it/etc) to .wav
> and then encoding them with oggenc.
> While most modules arn't what most people would use Vorbis for, it
> will give you a good idea on what it can (and can't!) do.
> www.modarchive.com has loads of modules. Try the techno ones, in
> particular.

I release all my tunes, whose samples are bigger than the .OGG in the
end, and/or which got a significant post production treatment as OGGs.
OGG, being very gentle to my music and just better than MP3, was the
main reason for me to switch. My love to OGG for it being free, great,
cool, 1337, having a nice developer, good support, blah 'n all that
evolved later when I invested some time in checking out Vorbis more
deeply. :)

Moritz