[vorbis] RC2 release

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Mon Aug 13 12:11:30 PDT 2001

Maik Merten schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> that are good news. However: In Win32 Oggenc (didn´t test linux
> yet) the 112 kbps ("-b 112") mode seems to be broken - files are
> beyond 128 kbps. Average bitrate is identical to "-b 128".

Oh... silly me. 112 kbps mode is not broken - it has been
removed. ( http://www.vorbis.com/changes.psp )

Why? In 128 kbps mode files usually get larger than
128 kbps (at least with the kind of music I listen
to). And 96 kbps, well, it sounds ok... but 112 kbps
would have been a good compromise between quality and
filesize.

Any chance the 112 kpbs mode will be back?

bye,

Maik Merten

--
  MetalUnleashed: http://www.metalunleashed.de