[vorbis] RC2 release

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Mon Aug 13 07:58:38 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 02:34, you wrote:
>  RC2 has been officially released. Get all your vorbis goodness from
>  www.vorbis.com, along with release notes, and binary downloads for
>  windows and for linux/x86 (RPMs). Debian packages are in incoming.

Neat! I only just wrote the beginnings of a CD to vorbis ripper that stores
the cddb checksum in a vorbis comment tag, so that it's simple to reencode
albums without having to interactively match up the metadata. Guess I better
write the rest of it and test it on the last few albums I've ripped.

Out of interest, does anyone know how the decoder optimization process is
coming along? Last night's nightly snapshot, build with aggressive compiler
flags, is running at an average of 11% cpu load through xmms, versus about 5%
for the mp3 decoder.

John