[vorbis] My vorbis/icecast2 stream now working properly again

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Aug 4 19:14:39 PDT 2001

Hi all:

I noticed earlier this week that, at least for me, my vorbis test stream at
http://bumpy.braille.uwo.ca:9000/test.ogg was not working properly.  It
would send some data and then stop.  Most times it would make it through
the HTTP headers and the icecast headers, but then it would just sit there,
sucking its thumb.  I did try restarting it, but to no avail.  anyway, the
machine got upgraded yesterday with extra RAM and is now running kernel
2.4.7.  I restarted everything and it now seems to be working fine.  So if
you've been having trouble with it, try again, it should be right now.  I
restarted it about 24 hours ago, but this is the first chance I've had to
write about it.

Geoff.