[vorbis] WSJ article

Craig Dickson crdic at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 15:23:40 PDT 2001

Monty wrote:

> For those counting: I also don't work on 'fold up tables from
> Staples'.  I have a good desk.  She saw the desk.  She decided to
> ignore that too.  It didn't fit the story.  She was going for the
> 'obsessed, antisocial, destitute programmer' angle whether I fit or not.

I read it more as "dedicated artist", but I suppose it's just a matter
of perspective. Certainly you're entitled to be highly annoyed about
the misrepresentation.

You haven't called me an idiot yet, but anyway, I apologise for my own
excessive credulousness in this matter.

> Fume.  I expected more integrity from WSJ.

So had I, but this is the first time I've heard someone profiled in the
WSJ comment on their profile. I wonder if they're all this bad.

Still, the article mostly dealt with Vorbis rather than your private
life, and most of what it had to say about Vorbis was within the usual
margins of error, aside from mistaking RC2 for the final release. It's
good publicity for Vorbis, whatever else one might say about it.

Craig